Lights Out Indy is looking for volunteers to help in several aspects of our initiative. Volunteers are needed April 1 through May 31. We are seeking volunteers who are interested in:
- Contacting building owners to encourage them to participate in our initiative to turn off/dim their lights during nighttime hours to reduce bird collisions during migration.
- Developing ideas for education and promotion.
- Networking with nonprofit organizations, businesses, societies, etc., to create partnerships.
- Contacting public officials to encourage bird-safe building legislation.
- Surveying for birds fallen victim to window strikes. This volunteer position will involve walking routes downtown to document bird strikes in the early morning hours, as well as rescuing injured birds.
Spring migration is coming up soon. If you are interested in any of the above opportunities, please contact Austin Broadwater at firstname.lastname@example.org.