Bubbly Birder Big Year
March 13 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
In 2017, Amy Hodson set out on an Indiana Big Year with the goal of seeing 300 species of birds in the state, and to catalog her adventures along the way via the “Bubbly Birder” Facebook page. By the end of the year, Amy was the first female in Indiana to log 300 species of birds in a single year.
- What bird could be found by wading through waist-high flood water from the Wabash River?
- What FIRST state record was found at a feeder a mere 10 minutes from home?
- What did her first EVER lake watch trip to Lake Michigan provide?
- What birds should she have gotten but didn’t? And why?
- What were the 10 lifers she picked up along the way?
Join Amy during this program as she shares stories from a whirlwind of a year that got her to 302 species as well as the highlights, the misses, and the stories in between. This program will be conversational, so bring your questions and we will see you there!